PAPA is the Pillow Academy Parent’s Association. It is comprised of 11 parent volunteers, who agree to serve at least a one-year term. These parents volunteer their time with the mission to help and support Pillow Academy. The goal of PAPA is to give back to the students, faculty, and staff. ALL proceeds raised by PAPA go directly back to Pillow Academy.
- PAPA hosts Grandparents Day annually. We coordinate the food and drinks as well as the transportation for all of the visitors on campus this day.
- PAPA hosts Veteran’s Day. We coordinate the food and drinks for the honorees on campus this day.
- PAPA honors all teachers on Teacher Appreciation Day.
- The Mustang Shop is an ongoing fundraiser for PAPA. Members of the board volunteer to supply and sell all items in the Mustang Shop to provide youth and adults with Mustang spirit items (including apparel, hats, door hangers, chair backs, pom poms and other various items). ALL proceeds from Mustang Shop sales go directly back to Pillow Academy!
- Coordinate collection of Box Tops for Education (now a digital service that anyone anywhere can use to support PA; download the app Box Tops for Education and simply scan any grocery store receipt).
- Various other fundraisers, which can change annually. Some past events have included powder puff games, Bar-B-Que dinners, and spaghetti dinners.
PAPA Donations to PA:
Past donations to PA from PAPA proceeds have included:
- Smartboards for classrooms
- “Wish list” items for teachers (such as puzzles, books, toys, and other educational materials)
- Items to make over the teacher lounges (such as microwaves, ice machines, coffee makers)
- iPads and charging carts for classrooms
- Microwaves for the cafeteria
- Playground equipment
- Teacher lunches during work weeks
PAPA BOARD 2020-2021
President – Lindsay Powers
Vice President/Ex-officio – Katherine Howard
Secretary – Kristen Trusty
Treasurer/Mustang Shop – Stacy Whitfield
Mustang Shop – Rosanne Hodges
Class Bundles/Mustang Shop – Kerri McQueen
Social Media – Grace Jefcoat
Teacher Snacks – Rachel Goldberg
PAPA Reps – Crystal Downing
Veterans and Grandparents Day – Jessica Mims
Teacher Appreciation and Box Tops – Britanny Mortimer